GreenWave is hosting an in-person workshop for advanced kelp farmers, April 16-18, 2023 in Kodiak, Alaska.
The application is now closed for this workshop.
Topics will include:
- Advanced kelp harvesting methods by Kodiak-local farmers Alf Pryor and Nick Mangini
- Boat adaptations for improved harvest efficiency, including custom-built equipment
- Quality control strategies and standards
- Buyer types and their distinct sourcing needs
- Cooperative structures and other opportunities for farmers to own more of the value chain
To be eligible, farmers must:
- Own or operate a kelp farm in the U.S. or Canada
- Be growing more than 5,000 ft of kelp this season
Please direct any questions about this workshop to GreenWave, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.